Becker Equine surgery service provides the highest level of surgical expertise. We are staffed 24/7 with a large animal board certified surgeon.
Why seek the care of a board certified surgeon?
Animals deserve the very best care possible. Just as humans are treated by specialists for a variety of medical reasons, animals should be treated by veterinary specialists when advanced care is warranted. Surgery often warrants that care. ACVS Board-Certified Veterinary Surgeons can provide that care.
There are a variety of reasons to seek a veterinary surgeon:
Expertise and specialized training
- Primary veterinarians focus on the day-to-day needs of your animal.
- Veterinary surgeons spend years training specifically in surgical procedures.
- College and veterinary school – 5-7 years
- Internship: at least 1 year
- Residency: at least 3 years
- Specialists are more likely to see complicated cases.
- Specialists can provide you with state-of-the-art options and help you determine the best treatment for your animal.
Enhanced care. Surgeons are more likely to have access to:
- Specialty equipment
- Other veterinary specialists (your surgical team may include board-certified radiologists, anesthesiologists, and internal medicine specialists)
- Technicians who understand the needs of animals undergoing surgery
- Postoperative monitoring of your horse
Currently available on-farm surgery services:
- Selected standing surgical procedures
- Selected upper airway surgical procedures
- Sinoscopy and sinus surgeries
- Laceration repair
- Wound revision and care